Thursday, February 03, 2011

CNY

When I was a little girl, Chinese new year for me was about wearing new dresses and getting hong bao. But, as I  grew older, my orientation has shifted. I don't really care about the money I have successfully collected anymore, although I still enjoy Chinese New Year shopping. What I care the most is the different atmosphere I experience only during Chinese new year.

And now, as I am getting older and far away from home, Chinese new year is about togetherness and food. I don't care whether people give me hong bao or not. What I care about is going home and meet my parents. And of course, having super delicious foodies which I can't find in Singapore.

This year, I am not going back home, but the Chinese new year foodies will still be coming. At least, I will still experience half of Chinese new year celebration. The other half must wait till the day I go back to Palembang.

I miss mom and dad. I miss bro.

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

0 thoughts: