Wednesday, May 07, 2008

And really, I should thank you...

I love writing... I love pouring all my thoughts into writing...
I think I will write until I am not able to write... I think I will write until my hands are too numb to write... I think I will write until God tells me not to write anything in this world...
I love, really really love writing...
^^

My memory takes me back to the very beginning point of my love to writing... I really think that the thing was the starting point for me...

Long-long ago, about eight years ago, when I was in elementary school grade 4, there was a mass test for all five-best-students in each class... There were 4 classes, so twenty people were gathered and took a test comprised four subjects: Math, Indonesian, Science, and Social... I was the one among those twenty...

Really, at that time, I didn't know which one I liked best... I just knew how to study and got a good result... Lol...

And somehow, I was chosen to be in 'Indonesian' group... I thought that's due to my good handwriting and no other reason... Rather sad, I must say... But now, I knew that's a blessing...
I didn't remember about other group, I just remembered that I was with Valencia, Fransiska, Metha, and Quina...

Then, we were taught how to write properly... Our handwritings (although they were good enough) sometimes still got too italic, or the size was not good, or something like that... We were taught that the size of our handwritings must be one third of the height between one line and another...

After fixing our handwritings, Ibu Elis, our trainer, taught us how to do some Indonesian questions, like we usually did in every 'ujian' or 'ulangan'... Also, she taught us how to write an argumentation, persuasion, and exposition passages... Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you that we had the 'pembinaan' session every Friday from 11 to 12 after school...

Time went on so fast, so that we reached the time when Ibu Elis needed to choose one of us to attend 'Seleksi tingkat kecamatan'... We did some tests, then she chose me... There was just me left to face the competition...

I really remember how intensive I got the 'pembinaan'... Tuesday and Friday after the second break time (so that I didn't need to attend the class), Friday and Saturday after school... Ya, I had to face Indonesian subject four times a week... Wow, that's very amazing experience...^^

During my private 'pembinaan', I was taught a lot of things about Bahasa Indonesia... Ya, a lot, for elementary school student...
I was taught how to write a passage in more than four pages...
I was taught how to read effectively...
I was taught how to give speech...
I was taught how to read a poem...
I was taught how to create a synopsis...
I was taught this and that...

I attended 'Seleksi tingkat Kecamatan' and met Agung and Renni there... They were from another schools... And, fortunately, I won... So, I went to the next round, 'Seleksi tingkat Kota'... The further I went, the more intensive training I got... Maybe I had to face Indonesian subject everyday... I even went to Ibu Elis' house twice a week...

One thing from 'Seleksi tingkay Kota' that I remembered was the 'making synopsis' session... The judges gave us a book to be taken home and we must submit the synopsis on the other day... So, I went to Ibu Elis' house and made it there...

Again, I went to the next round... 'Seleksi tingkat Provinsi' waited for me... I studied much harder... I wanted to go to Jakarta and fighted in 'Seleksi tingkat Nasional', but it was just a dream...

I failed...
Ya, I failed...
Although I had put my best effort in it... I got the best score in answering questions, I wrote the best passage than others, my voice was the most clear in reading and giving speech, and I had tried so hard in reading the poem, but I lost...
I lost because my opponent cheated... I didn't lie... Her mother said herself that they had won due to cheating...
Aaarggghh...

My dream failed there...

But...
I still love writing...
Really really love writing...
Really really love Indonesian language...
^^

Really thanks to Ibu Elis, who taught me lot of things...
Really thanks to all my fellows, Valen, Metha, Quina, and Siska...
Really thanks to the one beat me in 'Seleksi tingkat Provinsi' by colution...
Really thanks to you all...

You made my love to Indonesian much deeper...
Thanks...

Yeah, one conversation between Ibu Elis and I that I will never forget...

Ibu Elis : Feb, kamu sudah bosan belajar Bahasa Indonesia?
Febrina : Ngga, Bu
Ibu Elis : Ngga cape belajar Bahasa terus setiap hari?
Febrina : Ngga
Ibu Elis : Pasti lama-lama kamu bakal bosen dan eneg sendiri liat Bahasa Indonesia soalnya anak-anak yang lama juga gitu

This short conversation ended with my smile... I did think that I would lose my interest in Indonesian, but until now, I never feel bored about writing, or reading poem, or giving speech... I will never 'eneg' to writing...

Thanks...
Thanks...
Thanks...

I don't know how many thanks I should say to you, Ibu Elis...
Because of you, I could survive in every 'little' presentation I made in junior or senior high school...
Because of you, I could be chosen to do 'duet' in reading poem with my teacher in one of the school event...
Because of you, ya, it's really because of you...

And the last question, "Do I make you proud?"

This what we dream about
But the only question with me now
Is do I make you proud
Stronger than I've ever been NOW
Never been afraid of standing out
But do I make you proud

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

3 thoughts:

DELLI said...

aku jg nmau ngomong thx jg buat ibu elis... thx yo bu krn kau fen2 jadi ck skrg hehe...

asle dak bosen2 blajar bahasa indo...

aku mewakili windi ngomong: walaupun dak belajar itu tiap hari, aku jg sudah bosen haha^^

dewa... ganbatte ne febrina-san...

Yan said...

hoho...
what a nice story fen...
sapo nean namo budak sd tuh yg cheating??
aku jugo waktu tuh keno cheat pas smp
jadi aku tau rasonyo ckmn...

~'FeN'~ said...

@ dellicious : arigatou gozaimasu

@ round in a sleigh : NAmonyo *****, anak Muara Enim... Entah di mano dio sekarang... Sedih nian rasonyo dicurangi... NAngis semaleman dak berenti, terpuruk selama seminggu... Bangkit selamanya... JAngan sampe kalah samo wong cak itu... Ganbatte!!!!