Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And really,I should also thank you

My life went on to junior high school, where I found myself trapped on a tiny group of people, called 'Acceleration class'... Really, there was no freedom at first... The subjects taught were one or several steps ahead, no one could join OSIS, etc, etc, etc...
But, I found lot of very interesting teachers... The one that I loved so much was Ibu Sulis,,, She was an Indonesian teacher... So, you know why I loved her?
Haha... It was not that simple... I loved her because she taught me more and more about 'Bahasa Indonesia'... She found my interest in this subject... She knew that I liked everything in it...

And the chance came... She asked me to go for speech competition in Universitas Sriwijaya, or Sriwijaya University, I should say... At that time, as I told you before, there was no freedom... Okay, not that rude, there was not so much freedom... Acceleration class student might not take too much 'extra' activities... But, she told me to fight for it... She created the speech text, because I had no time to do it...
I attempted so much to read the text, memorize the text, and practice it so that I would not make her dissapointed... And, I got the second place... Someone said that the one who got the second place would be the one very unhappy, but I wasn't... I was very happy because I was the first acceleration class student who was sent to fight in a competition... I was happy, and I was proud...^^

In the class, I was very enthusiastic when it came to Bahasa Indonesia... Yap, yap, yap... My love to this subject increased every single day, or even every single second...

For the year after, again, Ibu Sulis told me to attend the same competition, but this time, the competition was writing poem... I made three poems that each of them was more than fifty lines long... It was very hard to create, actually... But I was taught something again... I found my interest in writing poem... I could write, although not as fabulous as Chairil Anwar, or Sapardi Djoko Damono... At least, I could write...
But, something dissapointed me was the fact that this competition didn't have a clear end... I didn't know what happened to my poems after I sent them to the committee... Was it rejected? Or even it was burned for barbeque? It's a mystery... Lol...

One thing I would remember for all my life... Ibu Sulis asked me to duet with her in reading poem for a school event... Ya, actually, it was a small event... No students, just teachers there... But, I was very happy...^^
She also chose me to be the student representative to write a 'kata sambutan' in our yearbook...
She also told me to lead my friends to create a poem about our life in acceleration class...

Really, Ibu Sulis was the one who water me after the seeds of Bahasa Indonesia had been planted in my heart...
Thanks a lot, Ibu Sulis...
Again, Do I make you proud?

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

0 thoughts: