Sunday, April 11, 2010

For those

A small talk with bf and I feel like putting it into this blog.

We were in the pantry. I was cutting fruits. He was watching me. Then he told me one of his colleagues was granted for SIA interview. He would probably become a pilot.

"Having a big salary, but his schedule must be very packed. How can he enjoy his life?" bf asked, "Only his wife and children can."
"He can, of course," I replied, "But not with his family. He will enjoy flying around the world and keep visiting great places."
"Then he can enjoy his big salary with the stewardesses," bf suggested.

I didn't know what we were talking till I asked, "Why must the stewardess pretty and tall?"

And this is what I want to write here.

I don't know why, but I realize that most of the good things are just for those who have ideal physical appearance. Being stewardess is one of the example. I am sure there are so many people out there who dream to be a stewardess, but they are just too short, too fat, or they have some scars due to childhood naughtiness.

And then my mind flew to another thing. This questions usually popped up in my mind when I was walking and seeing my surrounding.
Why is fashion created only for those with ideal body?

Yeah, why? I mean, you can see, all the catwalk models are in the very best shape. And the outfits are created for people like them to wear, not for those with excess fat here and there. And when you walk around stores, you will hardly find trendy outfit for XXXL or even XXXXXXXXXL size.

Don't fat people deserve the right to look pretty?

I am sure they feel like wearing those pretty and cute outfits also, but most of the time, they can only wear T-shirts and jeans.

I feel very sad for that condition. Those designers draw for the most ideal body in this world. Even if the manufacturer produced the bigger size, they would look awful in it.

Why don't they start to really draw and design for fat people, so that they will still look pretty even if they have tons of fat?

If I were a fashion designer, ...
Ok, I know, I am not.

Ok, it's a bit small, but you still can get what I mean, right???

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

0 thoughts: