Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Acronyms around us

NTU tends to have soooo much acronyms that may only be understood by people inside... NTU itself is a acronym, Nanyang Technological University a.k.a NTU... And it has EEE, CEE, NBS, SAC, NA, SSC, ISC, MaS, MSE, PaP, CBC, CBE, and a lot more that turn more and more similar to each other...

At my very first time here, I confused MSE and MaS... When people told me that they were from MaS, I said, confidently, "Oh, Material Science, right?"... Really, it's somehow very shameful, but, hey, I've passed my confusion phase... Now I know clearly what the difference between MSE and MAS, SSC and ISC, and also CBC and CBE... Muahahaha...

And, something took my attention today, since I went to the medical centre, is the acronym MC...

Yeah, MC...

Most of students in NTU know what MC is... If they don't know, I just can say two things... First, maybe they have just arrived to NTU for not more that 3 days... Or, second, they have lost their minds due to excessive pressure in studying... Lol...

So...

Let's move...

"I got headache"
"Go MC lor"

"I go take MC now"
"Why? You sick?"
"I skipped quizzes"

"Where are you now?"
"MC"

Which one is corect?
(a) MC is a thing that we need to do
(b) MC is a thing that we need to take
(c) MC is a place where we go to

Yeah, right...
All of them are right...

MC is medical checkup in the first conversation, medical certification in the second conversation, and medical centre in the third dialogs...

You see, one acronym for three things...

NTU is damn crazy in giving names...

Then, the last sentence before I turn whole-heartedly to my COM 201 lecture notes...

I will go to MC to do my MC and get MC to skip my lab

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

4 thoughts:

GODevil said...

tiga2nya sama2 medical kan.. =D
SCE emang school paling jelas wkakakaka

~'FeN'~ said...

apa hubungannya MC sama SCE???

tuink2...
>.<

DELLI said...

School of Civil Engineering...

Wahyu Benardo said...

biaso denny boi..