Saturday, October 04, 2008

NTU Alumni Day... Relive, Remember, Renew...

I just came back from the NTU Alumni Day... Of course I went there not as a guest or a 'guest', although I ate a lot, too much maybe... Omigod, I need to discipline my mouth... Lol... Ok, it's unimportant... I went there as a student helper... Yeah, without any payment or something... I just got a bright yellow shirt, a box of lunch and additional foods, a chance to take photo with President Su Guanning and minister something (gosh, I forgot his name!!!), some new friends, and a thing to write in here...^^

Actually I just carelessly applied as a helper... Without long thinking, I submitted my application and I was just chosen...

And ushering those alumni there, I imagined that, someday, I would be the one being invited... I would be the one bringing my two-year-old son... I would be the one hanging around with my business cards in my hand in order to expand my networking wings... I would be the one being ushered... And if I am bright enough, I will be the one receiving the award... Ya, the last sentence is just applicable in the condition that I am BRIGHT enough... And I hope I will be bright enough in my future... *Daydreaming is not prohibited by law, right?

And one phenomena is that the women alumni tended to gather with other women and talked about non-business things, like about houseworks, their children, their grandchildren, or about other family-related things...  It was very different with the atmosphere around the crowd of CEO-looking men who were always talking about their working matters... Hahaha...

I wonder which group I will be in, the gossip-women groups or the CEO-looking groups, in the next few years...^^

Another thing that I watched was a couple that looked so nice... Actually I said they were nice not because they were good looking or something... They even doesn't have one thing important that people have, they don't have eyesight, but they really looked so nice to me... Why??? You see, they are almost blind, frankly speaking, but they could come to this 'ulu' NTU to remember all things they had passed through... Yeah, they loved NTU soooo much... Maybe because NTU was the 'red-line-that-tied-their-hearts'...

And again, I wonder if NTU can be my red line, also... If it happens, forty years later, I will come to the alumni day, with him holding my hand... Aaaaa, so sweet...^^

Now I can still being the usher, while the other day, without my realization, I will be the one holding the invitation card...
The time will come...
Very fast, of course...

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

2 thoughts:

DELLI said...

namo aku jgn disensor jadi him dong...
^^

~'FeN'~ said...

wow...
i didn't talk about u, i think...
^^

u got ur mei orredy...
dun play2 wif me...