Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hero

I was sitting inside the MRT sleepily when my eye caught the headline of the paper a man held. It said, "Maid Hero Died to Save a Baby" with a blurr photo of a woman that looked really Indonesian.

Reached the office, I tried to ask Mr. Google about this matter and he really gave me an 'enlightenment'. Lol.

A maid was hit by an SMRT bus when she was crossing the road on the pedestrian crossing around Choa Chu Kang with her boss' family. She was walking with the youngest daughter while her boss was walking behind with their eldest daughter. Unfortunately, an SMRT bus number 302 coming to their way. She flung the little girl forward, but she couldn't save herself.

Her boss found her, a moment later, pinned under the third set of wheels of the bus.

This tragic accident happened on April 24th 2010 at 7.30 PM. And I just knew it one month after. A bit sad, really, to know that I couldn't participate to donate to her family. But, from the deepest of my heart, I send my deepest condolance to her and her family. May she rest in peace and get the best place in heaven and may her family given the strength to face the truth.

Although she was just a maid, although the girl wasn't her daughter, although she was a foreigner, although she knew she needed to go back home and feed her family, she chose her fate to die, to save a younger soul.

And, inspite of my sadness to her, I am really proud to be in the same nationality as her. She has shown the world that in this who-cares? world, you still can find those with pure motivation to help others. She was the real hero of the community, much better than those who always talked bullshit about saving people but did nothing.

And again, my deepest condolence.

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

0 thoughts: