Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Commitment

Commitment... One word that we usually hear... No doubt that all of us know what the meaning of commitment is...

Based on www.dictionary.com, commitment is :
1.the act of committing.
2.the state of being committed.
3.the act of committing, pledging, or engaging oneself.
4.a pledge or promise; obligation: We have made a commitment to pay our bills on time.
5.engagement; involvement: They have a sincere commitment to religion.
6.perpetration or commission, as of a crime.
7.consignment, as to prison.
8.confinement to a mental institution or hospital: The psychiatrist recommended commitment.
9.an order, as by a court or judge, confining a person to a mental institution or hospital.
10.Law. a written order of a court directing that someone be confined in prison; mittimus.
11.Parliamentary Procedure. the act of referring or entrusting to a committee for consideration.
12.Stock Exchange.
a.an agreement to buy or sell securities.
b.a sale or purchase of securities.

So, now, we know clearly what commitment is... And, the question that popped up in my mind, "Do people really know how a commitment works???? Or they just know the meaning only?"

Ya, ya, ya...
Most of us easily declare that we commit to this, commit to that, commit to this organization, commit to that club, commit to anything-you-want-la... But, sometimes, we don't know how to really 'commit' to our declaration...
Most of us did it, and I also did it... Sometimes we think that there is something more important so that we break our commitment... It's common, I think...

But...
Oh, Gosh...
You will not believe it...
Yesterday, I heard someone said, "I don't want to be maincomm because I don't like organize think, but I hate being subcomm because I got bullied... In fact I don't like being part of organization... You know, I joined OSIS (student organization) in junior high school just to get a good image... Others would see me as a cool person, right?"

Wow...
My ears turned red automatically, I think... I felt really mad hearing the last two sentences... How can joining a club be objected to get a cool image???? Stupid...

Based on that example, we knew that that person has made a commitment, but he didn't really do it... So, did he commit to his work?

For me, commitment is not the way you say, "Yes, I will do this work" or "I accept this position", but commitment is the way you do it...

How you try to be responsible, how you attempt to do all the work full-heartedly, how you finish your vow...
That is commitment...

And, yes, commitment is not just about organization... When you build a relationship, either with your lover or friends, you must prove that you commit to your words... Besides starting the relationship, you must keep it warm and nice...

So, Guys...
Don't be afraid of commitment...
加油。。。

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

1 thoughts:

Herry -- HgS said...

In this case I strongly agree. Commitment doesn't play a role when you start something. It will be proven along the way until you finish. Yeah... :-)