Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour 2008


I thought bout writing this post because of a link Wawan and Ivan sent me... They made me watch a video from youtube about Earth hour 2008...

Earth hour? What is it???


It is one of the support to the earth against global warming...

This event was first started in Aussie last year, 31st March 2007... From 7.30 PM till 8.30 PM, all households and businesses turned off their electricity and used candles as substitution... Just one hour once a year and it could help saving many joules or even megajoules of energy...


Ya, ya, ya... WWF was brave enough to start this big step, because we know, human cannot live without electricity, computer, television, DVD player, or even water heater... And, surprisingly, the decision was very welcomed by the world...

This year, in fact, today, Earth Hour 2008 is held and a lot of countries take part... From 8 PM to 9 PM, they cut the electricity off... And, hey, think about how much energy we saved...

And one think that made me proud is, according to Wikipedia, Jakarta was one of the partner city that took part in this event... I don't know this information is right or wrong since I don't live in Indonesia and I didn't watch TV for a while (or a long while)...

But...
Why didn't Singapore join this event???

Hmm...

Never mind la...
The most important thing about this event was not how many cities were being the partner citied or how much energy we have saved... This was all about making us realize that our earth needs help from us...

Our lovely earth needs us to love and care for it...

Don't say that one person cannot change this world... (I say this because one of my friends always say this when I told him not to waste paper and plastic or to recycle or just not to waste electricity)

One person cannot change this world, but one person can be the yardstick for others so that the standard will keep increasing till all people realize how important his effort to prevent global warming...

So, Guys...
together we can fight the GLOBAL WARMING...

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

0 thoughts: