Friday, March 21, 2008

Exam???

I'm studying now, studying for Material Science Quiz for this Monday... And I have much more quizzes to do after this... Then, I have exam to deal with... Phew... This two months will be very tiring...

Actually, I have a point of view, a NOT-AGREE-EXAM-IS-A-GOOD-WAY point of view... I think exam is a useless thing... Not really really useless for everyone, but for most, it doesn't work well...

The objective of exam is to test students' understanding and ability about the materials taught through some kind of questions... But, students get a wrong perspective about this... For them (for me, and also you, I think) exam is nothing but to get a good grade in the degree audit...

Then, this perspective leads to a very wrong side about exam... Students study for a good grade, and actually, sometimes, they don't understand... They just bear in they mind, "If the question appear is like this one, I must do it like this step by step" or "Ok, I will memorize all these f**king notes"... And, what will they get? They will get nothing... After exam, all the things will fly away from their head... See, how effective exam is...

Maybe some of students will really understand, but they will not have time to get more understanding through the topics taught in class... 4 months per semester and 20 or more AU to go... How can student get a thoroughly understanding for all subjects????

I think, assignment is better...

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

*Just a little opinion from a little student*

0 thoughts: