Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A deep reflection has started

Waaah... It seems like the rainy week has gone and I hope it went bringing all my depression and sadness and stress and tears and anger and my anything bad... A new week has started and I feel more energetic... Hahaha, dunno why, but I think my brain and my heart are trying to synchronize themselves to create a good rhythm for my interesting (although I haven't totally realized) life... I hope this spirit will not go down and down and lead me to a 'suram' life again...

Indodinner and Scrabble Open has gone... The other thing to do now is GL photo taking session, Exam Wishes packaging and Palembang Gathering... Ya, ya, ya... I know exam is coming, but I think one day to sacrifice is never mind la... But, but, one day for photo taking plus one day for packaging plus one day for gathering equal three days... Noooo, will I have time to study? Since I was (now I'm trying NOT to be) very lazy this semester... Yosh, have to work hard I think...^^

I got two interesting stories to share... Actually, I feel better also because of these stories... The first one was from Wahyu Benardo Fanthony, my fellow member of Palzzzntu07... And the second was from Assoc. Prof Lim Siow Yong...

The first story...

Saya pernah membaca artikel menarik tentang teknik berburu monyet di hutan-hutan Afrika. Caranya begitu unik. Sebab, teknik itu memungkinkan si pemburu menangkap monyet dalam keadaan hidup-hidup tanpa cedera sedikitpun. Maklum, ordernya memang begitu. Sebab, monyet-monyet itu akan digunakan sebagai hewan percobaan atau binatang sirkus di Amerika.
Cara menangkapnya sederhana saja. Sang pemburu hanya menggunakan toples berleher panjang dan sempit. Toples itu diisi kacang yang telah diberi aroma. Tujuannya,agar mengundang monyet-monyet datang. Setelah diisi kacang, toples-toples itu ditanam dalam tanah dengan menyisakan mulut toples dibiarkan tanpa tutup.
Para pemburu melakukannya di sore hari. Besoknya, mereka tingal meringkus monyet-monyet yang tangannya terjebak di dalam botol tak bisa dikeluarkan. Kok, bisa ? Tentu kita sudah tahu jawabnya.
Monyet-monyet itu tertarik pada aroma yang keluar dari setiap toples. Mereka mengamati lalu memasukkan tangan untuk mengambil kacang-kacang yang ada di dalam. Tapi karena menggenggam kacang, monyet-monyet itu tidak bisa menarik keluar tangannya. Selama mempertahankan kacang-kacang itu, selama itu pula mereka terjebak. Toples itu terlalu berat untuk diangkat. Jadi, monyet-monyet itu tidak akan dapat pergi ke mana-mana !
Mungkin kita akan tertawa melihat tingkah bodoh monyet-monyet itu. Tapi, tanpa sadar sebenamya kita mungkin sedang menertawakan diri sendiri. Ya, kadang kita bersikap seperti monyet-monyet itu. Kita mengenggam erat setiap permasalahan yang kita miliki layaknya monyet mengenggam kacang.
Kita sering mendendam, tak mudah memberi maaf, tak mudah melepaskan maaf. Mulut mungkin berkata ikhlas, tapi bara amarah masih ada di dalam dada. Kita tak pernah bisa melepasnya.
Bahkan, kita bertindak begitu bodoh, membawa "toples-toples" itu ke mana pun kita pergi. Dengan beban berat itu, kita berusaha untuk terus berjalan. Tanpa sadar, kita sebenamya sedang terperangkap penyakit hati yang akut.
Teman, sebenarnya monyet-monyet itu bisa selamat jika mau membuka genggaman tangannya.
Dan, kita pun akan selamat dari penyakit hati jika sebelum tidur kita mau melepas semua "rasa tidak enak" terhadap siapapun yang berinteraksi dengan kita.
Dengan begitu kita akan mendapati hari esok begitu cerah dan menghadapinya dengan senyum. Dan, kita pun tahu surga itu diperuntukkan bagi orang-orang yang hatinya bersih.
Jadi, kenapa tetap kita genggam juga perasan tidak enak itu?

After reading this story, I feel like the one who was being talked is me... I keep all my problems (my anger, my sadness, my jealousy) and try to achieve another thing... It's impossible, right? Ya... Really, it's impossible... I have to unhold one thing to get another (read: happiness). I have to release all my negative aura and be another new person... Ya, I have to release all my anger to others and also to myself... I should not blame myself for everything minus I have... I also have to be more cheerful... Yup, yup... I'm trying to be a better girl... Keep trying and praying...

The second story...

The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems,but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect."
A group of graduates, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life. Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to the coffee.
When all the students had a cup of coffee, the professor said: "If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the simple and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress. Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases, it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups... Then you began eyeing each other's cups.
Now consider this:
- Life is the coffee; the jobs, money and position in society are the cups.
- They are just tools to hold and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of Life we live.
- Sometimes, by concentrating on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee
God has provided us. Enjoy your coffee!."
The happiest people don't have the best of everything..
They just make the best of everything.
1. Live simply.
2. Love generously.
3. Care deeply.
4. Speak kindly.
5. Leave the rest to God.
You are the miracle, my friend;
Your life either shines a light OR casts a shadow!
Shine a light & Enjoy the Coffee!!!


And about this story, I can comment nothing... As I said before, I am a jealous and perfectionist person... So, ya, this story is really for me to do a thorough and deep reflection...

Hmm...
I must keep my spirit...
Change myself...
And be a good girl for everyone...
For the world...
For my mom and dad...

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

0 thoughts: