Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dormitory Life

Dormitory life... Just realize that somehow I will have already spent one year in Hall of Residence six Nanyang technological University, 91 Nanyang Drive. Block 33, Level 3, Unit 632...

26th July 2007... I and most Palzzz members arived at Changi International Airport... And at that time, I knew I got a room on the third floor... Wow, really, I said to myself, it would be very tiring, going up and down everyday...

Reaching this place, I thought this hall was not that good compared to other halls... The building seemed older, and, yeah, its first impression was not impressed me enough... Then I saw my room after climbing a small stair to block 33 building, then other stairs to level 3, then a long walk to the very end of the building... Wow... Really tiring...

I didn't like my 'room' as well, compared to my room in Palembang... Yeah, a room with limited furnitures... And at that time, it was super duper dirty... I thought I could find two-centimeter-thick dust everywhere in that room...

But... As time went by, I started to love this hall, and especially this room...
I found it very convenient here to go to every hall facilities, like toilets, laundry, pantry, and ironing room... Moreover, water cooler and water heater have been installed just several months ago... So, now, I feel like don't want to leave this room... Haha...

Besides that, I joined hall activities, like JCRC subcommittee and IHG... I could find a warmth and caring from the people in this hall... I felt welcomed, although I am not their 'clan'. I am a foreigner and they still want to talk to me as if I'm the part of them...

Ya, ya, ya...
Another thing is the location of this hall... I can find sport and recreation center behind my room... Really happy having that good view... ^^
Besides that, I can go to a lot of canteens in a short distance... I can also take a walk to reach school...

Today I realize, dormitory life is not that bad... I can learn to be more and more independent... I can learn to reduce my egoistic side, to increase my empathy, and moreover to fill my life with an outstanding experience, being a tiny part of NTU...

Lalala...
I want to retain this room, I think...

Dunno can anot...

Lalala...

U're the best I've ever had
~FeN~

2 thoughts:

Herry -- HgS said...

And at that time, I knew I got a room on the third floor... Wow, really, I said to myself, it would be very tiring...

Hmm, very tiring? Beneeeer banget. Wakakaka.... :p :p

~'FeN'~ said...

Makasih ya dah ngebantuin...
Hahaha...

Untung ngga lantai 4...